Best Baby Bath Tubs – Guide & Reviews
“Bath Tub” always gives us a feeling of cozy and warm feeling. We adults rejoice when we think of bath tubs and a hot shower right at the end of a tiring day.
But the same pair of words makes us cautious when we set out to buy the Best Baby Bath Tub for our kids.
Frankly, the kids’ bath tub is much smaller, and you can virtually pick it up and place it in your sink. But you’ll have to be extra careful when choosing one.
There are many factors at play when narrowing down on an ideal baby bath tub. Even though there are many options, only a few would fit the bill.
In this article, I’ve tried to narrow down those factors myself. And through my experience of literally scavenging through hundreds of bath tubs, I’ve made Best Baby Bath Tub shortlist that will prove handy in your research.
How to Choose the Best Baby Bath Tub There Is?
Since now that you guys know what a baby bath tub is, let us jump into the part where I tell you what factors you need to look at while choosing one. So, let us dive in.
Choose the right type of bath tub
There are two or three kinds of baby bath tub out there. You can go for convertible bath tubs that work nicely for infants and toddlers.
The foldable tubs do well for storage options, and the plastic tubs are mildew resistant and lightweight.
Parents will do well to look for a temperature gauge in the bath tub
These temperature gauges (sometimes digital) show you if the water temperature is below 120 degrees Celsius for the bathing water to be safe for your children. So, buying a tub with such gauge is helpful.
Make sure the bathtub you buy has non-skidding surface
A good quality non-skidding surface prevents the little ones from slipping up while soaped up and hurting themselves in the process.
Look for a bath tub that has a water line printed on the inside
That water line will tell you exactly how much water you need inside to fill the bath tub properly. Filling up water over the mark potentially endangers your children.
Get the Best Baby Bath Tub with a draining plug
A quality draining plug ensures that getting water out of the bathtub once you are done bathing your child is easy.
Recomended Best Baby Bath Tubs
Now here’s my shortlist of affordable, feature-filled and top of the line baby bathtubs just for my readers. Have a read and decide on which one you want to buy.
I am keeping PRIMO EuroBath at the top of my “Best Baby Bath Tub Recommendations” because of the material.
Manufacturers used BPA-free stuff in the making. Also, you don’t have to worry about Phthalate or Lead for that matter.
This USA made furniture allows your kid to have two bathing positions. Parents can clean this bath tub quickly without any fuss. The makers claim that this is the largest baby bath tub there is. So, parents can use this for children up to 2 years of age.
PRIMO EuroBath has the anatomical shape. This shape allows the much-needed safety of your kid’s forearms and legs. This plastic-made bath tub is just the right one to own.
- You can store or hang the bathtub anywhere.
- It can be used to bathe children in reclining or sitting positions.
- The design is snug and comfortable for children.
- Plastic doesn’t react to harmful substances.
- The bath tub is too big for average infants.
- You need to put a towel onto the bathtub to prevent your baby from slipping.
Nothing’s better than a baby bath tub that you can wash on a machine and then dry, right?
First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Tub is just that, and it comes with a headrest.
The headrest allows your infant to have a comforting position when you bathe him/her. Along with that, you will have a sling made of mesh to comfort your kid’s hands and provide security.
Furthermore, you can use this bath tub well past your baby’s toddler years since it is big enough to accommodate growing children.
There are pads to prevent your baby from slipping. These pads are mildew resistant. So, you won’t have to worry about your child’s health.
- Award winning bath tub for features in 2014-15.
- You can use this in single or double sinks.
- Holds toys for your baby.
- Cleaning this thing is easy.
- You’ll find this easy to drain.
- Takes up considerable space.
- Gets slippery as the toddler gets older but the process is slow.
What makes this one of the best baby bath tubs is the “Side Drain” feature. With this, dirty water will drain out on its own as clean water flows in.
Another feature that caught my eye is the temperature that tells you the heat level of water. It is color coded for your convenience.
Another thing to note is that this bathtub fits in a single sink or the double-sized ones. On top of that, you get a rinse cup and a holder to make the deal interesting. A rinsing cup makes pouring water over your baby’s body really easy.
- Large bath tub makes it easy for your kid to fit in.
- Easily cleanable.
- LCD Screen on the temperature meter is great.
- Side drain feature lessens the cleaning hustle.
- Storing this bath tub can be problematic.
- Temperature gauge only works if the water comes through first reservoir.
This next best baby bath tub candidate will solve the storage problem we talked about earlier.
The collapsible design works well for Boon Naked Bathtub. There is even a hook in place.
You can hang the bath tub and let it dry after your baby is done with it.
The support brace rotates. This allows your kid to be in a favorable position while bathing. You can quickly and easily secure him/her. Of course, it supports your infant well into the toddler age. The simple, one-piece design has a big part to play in that.
There is a drain plug in place. So, you can drain the water and clean the tub after your kid finishes bathing.
- The bathtub offers two positions for infant and toddler.
- It is free from any harmful chemical including BPA, PVC or Phthalate.
- The drain is located at the lower half of the tub that makes it easy to drain water.
- Size makes it a bath tub worthy of purchase.
- The hook is fragile and can give in easily.
The best baby bathing tub is supposed to keep your baby calm while bathing.
Fisher-Price does just that with a superior vibration massage system.
The bath tub even has a sling that allows your child to rest in the water while taking a wash.
It is a nice addition and children enjoy a comfortable bathing thanks to that.
The best thing is, the sling is adjustable and removable. So, when your kid gets too big for the bathtub, just remove the sling, and you’ll be fine.
On top of that, it fits in single or double sinks and has a hook to hang this up and let it dry. It is a convenient bathtub for your baby.
- It is easy to store bath tub.
- Easy to assemble an use.
- It grows with your child.
- Tub comes with toys to make bath enjoyable.
- It is great for newborns and toddlers alike.
- After considerable use, it can leak.
- Mesh made sling can wear and tear.
Worried about this bath tub being safe? You don’t have to. It is not slippery as most of the bath tubs are. Instead, you will have padding to make sure your child enjoys bathing.
Also, there are suction cups on the bottom of the tub. These cups keep the tub in one place while your child enjoys a nice wash.
After your baby’s proper wash, you’d want to clean the bathtub properly. Thankfully, parents can do that via a draining plug. Just pull the plug, and the water will drain automatically.
- Draining plug is a helpful inclusion.
- Lightweight and portable bath tub.
- The bath tub is safe for kids.
- The suction cups make the tub stick to the surface.
- The Kel-Gar Sung Tub is known to have leakage problems.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $25.99Was: $39.99
This is my last recommendation in this Best Baby Bath Tub list. This little furniture has a multitude of uses that can benefit you.
First of all, it can be a great bath tub in the sink for your newborn. And if you want to shower your toddler kid outside, Summer Infant bath even has a sling for that.
If you want to use it beyond the toddler years of your child, there’s a shower along with the bath tub as well.
The best thing is, the shower can be removed. It allows you to have extra space in the tub that you can use to put toys and other things inside.
The tub is safe and sound material-wise. Also, your kid can use this tub even after he’s able to use the regular adult bath tub.
- The bath tub grows as your child does.
- Safe tub to use for your toddler.
- The shower handle provides gentle water spray.
- The shower handle can be removed for space.
- The material is sturdy and “Slip proof”.
- Using the hand shower takes some work.
As this rather long guide comes to an end, I must say choosing the ideal bath tub for your infant and toddler is a tricky job. You have to take many things into account while choosing one. I think that is where this Guide will come handy.
I listed down all the factors that are relevant when choosing the ideal tub for your child. You just need to ensure that the materials of your chosen tub don't react with the water or anything else for that matter. Plus, the price you buy it for is also important.
I liked these best baby bath tub recommendations based on a variety of conditions that parents may have regarding their children.
I've also prepared lists of other baby product reviews that you might find useful.
- Best Baby Carrier for Dad
- Best Baby Monitor For Twins
- Best Cool Mist Humidifier for Baby
- Best Crib Mattress
- Best Diaper Pails for Baby
- Best Ring Slings
- Best Swaddle Blankets
- Best WiFi Baby Monitors
- Best Baby Walkers
- Best Baby Cradle Swing
- Best Bassinet
- Best Baby Cribs and Bedding Sets
- Best Nursery Glider
These are best baby bath tubs based on consumer experiences, the features, and the price range. I hope one of these fits the bill for you guys too.